• Question: Hi Suze and Will, as both of you are asking for the grant to fund your work developing non-pollutant fuels, i was wondering if both of you think we will be able to convert fully to eco-friendly fuels one day in the future?

Asked by zobell95 to Will, Suze on 17 Jun 2011.
    • Photo: Suze Kundu

Suze Kundu answered on 17 Jun 2011:

Hi 🙂

I do think that is is definitely possible. If we are capable of transporting natural gas safely, then I don’t see why in this day and age we can’t do the same with hydrogen gas. The problem is that oil companies (and other companies that perhaps have shares in oil companies, which make a lot of money) do not want to invest any money into the area at th emoment, as their income relies on the use of fossil fuels.

For the fuel that I’m trying to make from water, a so-called Hydrogen Economy would have to be put into place, with safe and transportation and storage, and the adoption of equipment to burn the fuel, but I do think that it is possibe, and will happen. It is vital for the future development of the planet that alternative renewable or sustainable energy sources are adopted.

• Photo: William Eborall

William Eborall answered on 20 Jun 2011:

Hi. I agree with Suze, I really think it’s possible. As Suze says it’s going to take quite a few years for the new Hydrogen Economy to establish itself and become mainstream. Technologies like the one I’m working on (bio-ethanol) will help by being easier to adopt with our current technologies and ways of transporting/using petrol. Hopefully this will reduce the carbon footprint of transportation until the Hydrogen fuel cell takes over the internal combustion engine.